Update Center 2.0
|Document||Authors||Spec Status||Reviewers||ARC Status|
| Project and Design Overview|
Project One Pager for ARC Review (Case: 2008/411)
| Chris Kampmeier || Draft 1 ready for review ||Mandatory: Tom, Faouzia|
Recommended: Bill Shannon, Jerome Dochez
Mandatory: Tom, Joe, Faouzia
Recommended: Stephan, Alan Steinberg, Teresa Chin, Eduardo
Umbrella inception completed in mid-July.
| Multi-install || Joe Di Pol || Draft 1 ready for review ||Mandatory: Chris (dependency wiring), Nouar|
Recommended: Kedar Mhaswade
| * File System Layout WSARC/2006/239 : Commitment Complete|
* Dependency Wiring WSARC/2007/445 Inception Complete
* OS Co-existence: TBD
* Umbrella WSARC/2006/130
| Image Packaging System (IPS) Enhancements || Tom Mueller / Gerard Jesudoss || Draft 1 available |
|Mandatory: Nouar, Joe|
Recommended: Stephan, Danek, James
Sept. 23, 2008
| Package Install-time Configuration || Joe Di Pol || Draft 1 ready for review |
|Mandatory: Faouzia, Manpreet|
| Not yet scheduled|
| GUI || Manpreet and Chris || Draft 1 ready for review ||Mandatory: Lalithea, Joe, Ed|
Recommended: Eduardo, Rochelle, Jim Berney, Steve Wolf, Frank Ludolph/Jenna, Michel Pryc/John Rice, Mike Fitch, John Clingan, Alexis, Ludovic Champenois
| Not yet scheduled|
| Desktop Notifier || Kasso || Draft Available || || Not yet scheduled|
| Filesystem Layout of UC2 || Joe Di Pol || || || Not yet scheduled|
| UC2 Toolkit Initialization Interface|
Note: This specification has morphed into the UC2Documentation.JavaBootstrap document.
| Tom Mueller || || || Not yet scheduled|
| Multi-repository Handling || Chris Kampmeier || || || NA|
Timing of the following FSDs is TBD based on the listed dependencies:
- Installer Integration
Guidelines for Authors
- Functional Specification Template
- The design specification is meant for consumption by ARCs, Docs, QE/QA, SEs and other developers who may need to understand the workings and interfaces of UC 2.0. The goal is to document the design of individual subprojects of UC 2.0 in a consistent way, by using a design specification template. Sections 2 (Technical Description) and 4 (Sub-component architecture) of the ARC Template (Sun Internal link) is used to achieve this consistency. Authors should at a minimum fill out section 2 to describe the subproject. If the subproject is of a large enough scope, multiple copies of section 4 can be used to document the individual components of the subproject.
- When the initial draft of a document is ready, please link it to the table above and change the state to Draft
- When the document is ready for review:
- Please start a new UpdateCenter mail alias thread soliciting feedback/comments on the new feature by providing a link to the relevant document there.
- Ask for feedback on the document in the body of the thread and include the link to the relevant document in it.
- Indicate in the initial thread that the review period is 2 weeks. Comments received after that will not be considered for this release.
- Please add a link to the relevant UpdateCenter mail alias thread to this table for your one pager and change the status to Under Review.
- Please allow a minimum period of 2 weeks for the community to provide feedback/comments on the UpdateCenter mail alias.
- At the end of this period:
- Announce in the appropriate UpdateCenter mail alias thread that the review period is over and the document will be updated with all relevant feedback/comments received during this period.
- Incorporate any feedback that is useful and relevant for this release into the document and update it on this page.
- Change the status to Review Completed
- The author of the design spec for the feature will post the document on this wiki and start a new UpdateCenter mail alias thread soliciting feedback/comments on the new feature.
- All documents posted will allow a minimum of 2 weeks for the community to provide feedback.
- During this period, author is expected to respond to feedback/comments posted by others on the forum.
- At the end of this period the author will update the document with all relevant feedback/comments received during this period.
- Any feedback/comments received after this period will not be considered for this release.
Architectural Review Committee (ARC) Review Strategy
We will be submitting an umbrella case for the Update Center 2.x toolkit project and either fasttracks or standard review material for each of the functional specifications documents. The Project and Design Overview specification will form the basis of the umbrella case.
Reviewers from the GFv3 team:
- Jerome Dochez - GF V3 Architect
- Sreeram Duvur - HA and Telco Architect
- Ludovic Champenois - Tools Architect
- Kedar Mhaswade - Administration Architect
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi - Web Services and GF V3 Architect